Santiago De compostela/La Coruna


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Santiago de Compostela
January 7th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wrong order folks, went to this place in Nov after seville!!!!!

November Saw my third trip to Spain, the north west this time to Galicia.

A very historic place when there is a large cathedral, the burial place of St James, the patron saint of spain.
Also the end point of a pilgrimage taken on by people on bike and on foot covering hundreds of miles in probably the wettest and greenest part of Spain.(one old girl had walked from Belgium)

i flew with Ryanair, (cheat).

Lovely place, very small and well placed to visit La Coruna and Vigo, (did the first, had a hangover and missed the second)

Weather was actually pretty good , bright sunshine, quite warm even though the stone work everywhere is covered in lichen and moss so you know it gets plenty of water)

tons of seadfood restaurants and places doing lobsters and Octopus, also some good tapas bars especially the little pub just next to me.

i stayed at the Casa Felisa which was great, beautiful little garden and my room up in the attic was gorgeous.

All in all a very chilled relaxing trip.

toke the train to La coruna one day and sat on the beach where the french under old boney saw off the English many years ago.decent place but huge compared to Santiago and bars not as cute!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

La CorunaLa Coruna
La Coruna

colourful Trawlers!
SantiagoSantiago
Santiago

nipple cheese!
SantiagoSantiago
Santiago

big claws or what!
SantiagoSantiago
Santiago

the little garden at casa felisa
SantiagoSantiago
Santiago

the little garden at my hotel, nice sun trap


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 20; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb