Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 9th 2006
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

towertowertower

tower in lison portugal
Well, the overnight train to Madrid was an experience! I did alright and fell asleep once the 3 yr old little girl who was sharing the 4 bed compartment with us finally went to sleep..but E says she got no sleep at all because of my snoring. We´re in a hostal right on one of the main avenues and we can walk to just about everything we want to see. We went to the Prado this afternoon. E had to practically drag me out of there and I may have to go back tomorrow as she was getting weak from hunger...the place is incredible.
So many paintings up close and personal and live that I´ve only seen in books before. So much more incredible in person. I could probably spend a week in there..the only other museum I´ve ever seen that even comes close is the National Gallery in DC but it doesn´t even compare.
There´s a pet store next to this internet cafe with mercats!! and hedgehogs!! Do you think I could sneak one home? Also a big fat white persian cat that allowed me to pet her/him ..it felt good to touch an animal again. We almost went
moomoomoo

sarah i ttok this for you...the cow has lots of keyboard keys all over it.
to the zoo in Lisbon, we went TO the zoo but not in...cost 12.50 euros each...and didn´t look like much of a zoo.
Madrid is huge but luckily we were able to take the shuttle from one train station to the other which is close to the hostel...only 3 or 4 blocks uphill. We´ve been doing good with metro passes in all the cities we´ve been too. Unfortuantely E prefers the metro instead of buses, says they make her nauseous, and i LIKE RIDING ANYTHING ABOVE GROUND so that I can see the city. I´d like to just jump on a bus and take it to the end of the line to see what I can see but I can´t get her interested in doing that.
There´s a slight rain here tonight and it´s not as hot as it was in Portugal. We´ve already been to Plaza major and Plaza del Sol whixh by the way TRish you would adore!! Blocks and bblocks of shopping. The big department Store here Corte Inglais has seperate buildings for clothes, electronics etc.
Tomorrow more museums...we´re only here for one more day so let´s see how much we can fit in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

madridmadrid
madrid

grand square
palacepalace
palace

inside the palace
palacepalace
palace

beautiful frescos


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb