Saturday May 20th


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
May 20th 2006
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigos!

We are enjoying a beautiful day in Madrid. Weather is sunny and in mid to upper 80s. It is 5:45pm here (10:45am CST). We were up early to hit Starbucks for coffee and breakfast. We just got back to the hotel about 5 minutes ago. We toured the Royal Palace today. It was quite a place.. marble floor. huge chandaliers, and gold everywhere. The Royal Chapel was awesome, that was probably my favorite room in the palace. The rest of the day we have spent walking, shopping, and being tourists.

Life is interesting here. Streets are very narrow and there is no curb in most places. Pedestrians do not have the right of way in most places. Littering is not against the law here and there are people in uniform that are out sweeping up the trash. Shops close here in early afternoon for a siesta time. Some shops do not close but many of them do. The parks and any public places are full of people having siestas on the ground or just relaxing. That is probably what I enjoy the most is how layed back things are.

We are going to gather again this evening to hit the social life in one of the plazas just up the street from our hotel. The sangrias are good but most of the tapas (appetizers) are a little scary... raw meat, etc. The beer is good too! Sangrias are a wine like alcoholic beverage.

I better close for now as others want to use the computer. I will journal about the meat and how that is (or isnĀ“t) stored here like we do.

Have a great day!

Hasta leugo!!

Lori

Advertisement



21st May 2006

Hola! Que tal? Imagine that I still remember my Spanish from high school of course that was only a couple of years ago. I would stick with the cheese tapas if I were you. Take good care.

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb