on our way


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
May 14th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

this morning we pulled into madrid spain after probably our least favorite night train experience so far. and yet there was something sentimental about this our last train ride on our journey after it seems we have made trains our second home away from home. for the past few months we have taken half hour trains, 8 hour trains, night trains, and been on trains for 32 hours straight sometimes. so with a few pictures we stepped off of our last home on tracks.
we´ll be wandering the streets of madrid today and tomorrow at a pace quite a bit slower then the pace with which we kept for the first 9 weeks of the trip. after spending so much time on the beach and relaxing, we have found it hard to pick up the brisk pace we were used to.
we are both getting more and more excited about coming home and even woke up the other day with the same butterflies we felt a few days before our trip. we are very thankful for God providing in more ways then we will be able to count and have reminded each other over and over that we believe we have had the best trip - we could not have asked for anything to be better or different. and so with our last train ride behind us, and our stuff settled at our last hostel, we feel that much closer to home.
i am not sure if i´ll be able to blog again before getting home on wednesday but will most definitely not be able to post pictures....sorry! i will however do one final blog when we get home and post quite a few pictures hopefully within the week of getting back.
thanks so much for everyone´s prayers for safety and reading this my attempt at some sort of journaling. can´t wait to tell you all the stories that wouldn´t fit in these little boxes and show you the maybe not quite all, but many pictures.
until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb