Choosing your Friends


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
October 31st 2005
Published: November 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Isn´t their something to be said for a man that picks friends that are more cultured than him? Or maybe it says something about his friends? Anyway, thank you Rawley and Brian both for informing me and an our audience about this 2nd Renoir.

The trip is coming to a close. We´re in Madrid, and frankly, we´re tired of seeing the sights. Today we had a nice train ride, tasted a very, well, sh·tty meal at the train station, we found an affordable hotel, we walked around and shopped, and we´re checking internet. Nothing complicated, and we expect more of the same tomorrow.

We did look at some of our Alhambra photos yesterday at Christy and Dan´s (and Colin´s), and they look great! Unfortunately, currently the only thing that I can figure out how to do on this net kiosk is to send you some photos of some _other guy's_ vacation, and I´ll spare you that.

Thank you very very much to Christy and Dan for hosting us and taking us around. We had a really nice comfortable time 'on base' at the US Navy base in Rota Spain. We had some good food at a local Parilla (I will never, ever say no to an Argentine steak), we toured a Sherry bodega, which we all just continually got a kick out of since, well, that´s the same name that Sherry uses, we had home cooked food including hamburgers and cheerios with soy milk, and we just generally hung out with them and their really cute kid Colin. Watch out ladies for this one. BTW, did you know that Sherry (the drink) takes its name from the Arab name for the city of Jerez in SW Spain. The name was something like ´Al Shari', and the Brits turned it into Sherry. There you have it...

-Corz



Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb