In the beginning!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
September 15th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I have been here for 2 weeks and have fallen in love with the Spanish way of life. Madird is such a beautiful city with plenty of galleries, museums and other interesting places to visit. The Museo del Prado for example is the art gallery where you can admire the works of Goya and El Greco to name but two. The city is vibrant and great for young people. There are several parks where you can hang out,or if thats not your scene then there are plenty of coffee shops and the like where you can watch the world go by and chat with friends. At night the city really comes to life. The madrilenos, like vampires, are creatures of the night. They pack into bares and discotecas, which incidentally stay open until 5 or 6am!! I may only have been here 2 weeks but already I feel like its been a lot longer. I have made some great friends from around the world. My housemates for example- 2 Americans a Pole and a Dutchman. I'm gonna give a big shout out to the girls from FURMAN University who encouage my wild side! Last weekend we all bussed it down to Tarifa (if you don't know already its the most southerly point in Spain!). We stayed in a backpackers hostal called O.T.B. Basically this was inhabited by pothead surfer types who go to Tarifa because of the amazing waves. We spent the first day in the town and on an amazing beach. I slept while the girls buggered off for like 2 hours to get naked and rub mud all over themselves- COOL! On the saturday we caught a ferry over to Tanger in Morocco. We had a tour guide who showed us around this crazy city. I enjoyed looking round the Medina, being heckled by street vendors who wanted my Oakleys for a crap t-shirt. NO WAY!!! It was an amazing experience- totally spontaneous which is how all the best adventures are. Keep you posted....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb