Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip So Far



Trip So Far
Matthew Feben
Well not to much to say here really. We had a fairly comfortable ride from Barcelona although the train was delayed by about an hour. There was also little trouble getting to the hostel, so fars things were looking pretty good for Madrid. But this was about as far as the good times went.

We checked into our hostel and into our 6 person room that was lucky to be the size of my bedroom at home. Space was definately at a premium, but we learnt to cope with that and it would have been fine except for the fact that everything in this damned hostel did not work.....the oven, the dryer, the tv, the dvd player and not to mention the girls bathroom being completely ripped out on the day we left. The place was a freakin disaster. So the decision was made quite quickly that we would get a refund on our 3rd night in Madrid and catch the night train to San Sebastian instead.

The rest of our first day was spent have a quick look around the surrounding shop before bed. None of us at all felt the need to rush outta bed the next morning so at sometime around midday we decided that we would just spend the day looking at the shops. So after a fez minor purchasing as well as some food for dinner we were back at the hostel. I soon found out however the over did not work which meant i was not able to cook my dinner, this was the cause of a minor meldown for myself before i made the trip .........IN THE RAIN....to good old reliable maccas.

We woke up the next morning sort of short on ideas of how to spend the day before our night train. We eventually decided that we would go to the Madrid Zoo. I turned out to be a cool way to spend the day. While there we saw a cool Dolphin show and was a little surprised to catch a few kangraroos and koalas.

We eventually made our way back to the hostel to collect our packs and then to the train station to catch our 11pm overnighter to San Sebastian


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



25th June 2007

Shopping!!
Hey Matt, looks like a bit of shopping has been done, Can't fit everything in like you used to! lol

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb