Heading home to Orlando


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
April 30th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 24

April 29, 2014

Heading home to Orlando

Ring, Ring, Ring, its 6am and our wakeup call is here. Kirsten hasn’t slept at all she is coming down with a head cold and I’ve been fighting allergies this whole week.

We get dressed and I head down stairs to the lobby. I logon and check the flights. They look great, the last few trips I’ve taken it’s seems to go haywire at the last minute. Not this time we’re listed and it looks like we’ll get on ok.

Opa and Oma arrive in the lobby along with Kirsten. We make our way to the car and pile in. Kirsten cranks it up and down the road we go. We need to gas up the car so we start looking for a gas station and find one pretty close to the airport.

Madrid is coming to life the traffic isn’t heavy but there are quite a few cars and trucks on the road.

As were coming into the airport we realize it has 4 terminals. Ouch! Where is Delta? Kirsten is creeping along and as were slowly passing the taxi cab drivers Kirsten rolls down her window, smiles and says OLA, where is Delta?

The cab drivers run to her and point and say Termino Uno! Kirsten smiles and says Gracias! as she pulls away. LOL… Gotta, love her.

Kirsten drops us off with the baggage and she returns the car. We make our way into the terminal and find Delta’s check in counter. We get in line, we get checked in, the counter agent is polite and tells us the flight looks good you should have no problem. Wait a minute am I dreaming? I slap my self as I walk away thinking ok something is going to go wrong any minute.

Nope, we work our way through security; we’re walking to our gate and the phone rings. It’s Bea, she even says it looks good. She texts me where she parked my car at the airport.

We get to the gate and we wait 30-45 minutes and we get our seats and were on and coming home. Woo Hoo!!!

OK this has to be the spookiest and smoothest buddy pass experience I have ever had.

Great Trip hope you enjoyed the blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb