Tapas & Sangria!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
August 31st 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I decided to write a separate entry about our nights out in Madrid.

Both nights I went out with Stephanie, Nick, and Hayden, 3 austrailians.

Our first night we headed to the Mercado de San Miguel. This is a huge meat and produce market that doubles as a nightlife spot! People buy all sorts of fresh food, wine, drinks, or beer and sit at one of the many stools around the market.

There were people here of all ages and it sure was busy! We had just eaten dinner with the rest of the group so just went for Sangria and Beer (funny that a pint of either costs less than a soda!).

After people watching a bit in the market, we went to sit at a table outside. When we got our bill for outside we noticed that prices were a bit higher. Apparently they charge more for the same drinks if you choose to sit outside. When I asked Brady about it the next day, he said its very common across Spain.

The next night Brady took us to some cheaper local hangouts.

One of which was located along what I will politely call 'Stripper Street'.

Although in a very touristy part of Madrid, this street has quite a few young ladies hanging out along it. Funny how once we got to the part where the police station was located on it, there seemed to be none in sight!

Anyways, we reached the tapas bar and it was jammed packed!

The deal of the week was 1euro for a small sandwich and 1 euro for a pint of beer or sangria (you can't find a bottle of water for 1 euro). What a deal! Brady (or should I say Brandy, since they always pronounce his name wrong over the loudspeaker) ordered for us while we maneuvered some small tables together. We ate and drank and hungout for awhile and around midnight headed over to a club that had just opened.

The club was down a few back streets and located on the rooftop of a local market. Seats wrapped around the exterior then on the interior was the dance floor.

We sat on patio chairs/couches at one of the large tables and soon met our 'table-mates' (all the tables are quite large and different groups seem to share them). We hungout for awhile before Brady walked us back to our Metro Stop. Our


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb