Sunday July 12 Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
July 13th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We took advantage of late breakfast service on the weekend and slept in. In the afternoon we went to the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum which we had never been to. Our primary goal was to see the special exhibit of Matisse art. and it did not disappoint. Alot of the works were from his early period which we had not seen much of before. We also took in about half of the permanate collection We started about early 19th century and moved forward through our favorite periods of expressionist, fauvist and avant-gardes. We looked at the pop art too but I (Linda) get as little out of it as I do the older 16th and 17th stuff. With the pop art I sometimes thiink they are putting me on. By only doing half of the collection it became the perfect size- big enough to seem worth the price of admission and small enough notto be exhausting. We even had eneergy left to walk Caixa Forum which is an very modern building for special exhibitions. We really just went to see the vertical garden (designed by Patricj Blanc)which is a huge wall 24 meters high with an estimated 15,000 plants. It is actually neat looking and is grown without soil.
After all that we need beer, a snack and a big rest


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb