First night in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

We arrived in Madrid today around ten AM and slept for a good 5 hours, we pulled an all-nighter last night. We went to dinner around eleven and the city has been absolutely nuts tonight because they had a soccer game and Madrid won, the city will definitely not sleep tonight. The plazas here are beautiful and always busy with everyone from one year old to one hundred years old walking together and enjoying the beautiful weather. We had sangria with dinner, which was great and we are really loving everything about the city. Tonight we are probably going to sleep in a little bit because we have our day planned out for tomorrow, we will post again soon to let you know what all is goin on.

Love,
Ben and Brady

P.S. We still don´t have a camera cable, sorry, we will be working on that but we have tons of great pictures!

Advertisement



18th June 2007

Espanya
Hey you! Let's see...Madrid. Go to Plaza del sol and enter the little cafe thats in the middle, or really anywhere and order a Granizado. Its a bit of a lemon slushy of sorts. Super refreshing. How great that you are there after Madrid won the national championship. Celebrate. Be sure to order tortilla espanyola, and chorizo while in Spain. If you can find the place its called Meson Tortilla right outside of plaza de espanya...I know a big place but use that spanish and ask around. Also order yourself a cafe con leche you won't be dissapointed. Alas I am in Santiago de Compostela so we are both in the fabulous espanya. Enjoy!!!
23rd June 2007

Ben, Contact the Travel Channel ASAP
when you write these blogs you sound like a narrator from a dry travel channel show..........i heart you..........but you will never escape the realm of my honesty :-) jt

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb