Day 2 in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early - Aron set the alarm for 730. As you know from my past blog entry, he got up late and we were out in the plaza for 930. The book store we wanted did not open until 10AM so we had coffee and tea at a cafe. Tea went from "sorry that's not possible" to miraculously in front of Sheila. Mios Dio! No food though, breakfast does not seem popular. All of the Madridites seem to be asleep hungover from last night's party. Smart.

From there went to another book store since the first did not have the Madrid guide en ingles. Oops, forgot that. Got that at Puerta del Sol, then off to Jardin Botanico (where Sheila got picture happy).

Spent a good portion of the afternoon walking through the Prado. Lots of great Rafael, Rembrandt, Goya and the like. Nice but exhausting since we left at 230 and still not a bite to eat all day.

Then off to El Lacon for lunch. Lunch is the big meal here, and Aron and Sheila both had a set meal for 16 euro each. However, the communication between server and diners was minimal...and Sheila had to save Aron by getting a menu, pointing to Pescado, then Aron, then saying No! No Pescado! Waiter got it, Aron got chicken or pork or something. Smothered in estroganof sauce, anyway!

Now for our first siesta. Can't wait. Almost two hours of uninterrupted sleep before waking to foodface again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb