Bienvenidos a Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
April 14th 2007
Published: April 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Madrid today. We had a very interesting plane flight that makes for a pretty good travel story. I was sitting next to the window, my roommate sat in the middle seat, and a Portuguese guy sat in the aisle seat. The Portuguese guy was with a big group of guys who were all wearing matching shirts. He told us they were with a bachelor party and that the shirts made a joke out of the groom's "last night of freedom" and each guy had a number on the back of his shirt (the groom's was 0 because he was getting married, the guy with #1 was the next to get married, and so on - the guy sitting next to us was #11 out of 11 or 12 guys!) So, anyway, my roommate said something about her being married (and I think they thought we were both married), so the groom-to-be found out and asked for advice on marriage - then he suggested that we give him our phone number and he could come to our room to get advice about marriage. We told him our first piece of advice was not to try to pick up other girls on planes!! So, needless to say, they were fun and added a little spice to the flight!

Once we got to Madrid, we took taxis to the hotel - our cab had one of the Peruvian students, so we had a translator for the cab driver. I did get to use my rough Spanish some when a group of us went to late lunch/early dinner - felt good to be able to communicate again, however basic that communication was. And it's so much better being able to halfway read stuff again!! Portuguese just wasn't similar enough to Spanish to fully get by. We're planning to spend all day tomorrow exploring the city, taking pictures, and seeing the sights. I'm still hoping to get some more photos posted in the next day or two.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th April 2007

Spanish 5
And you thought I was crazy for going all the way to Spanish 5. But see, now you wish you would have. Haha jokes on you!!! LOL

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb