What a difference a year makes ... Hola Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 26th 2017
Published: August 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last dinner in MilanoLast dinner in MilanoLast dinner in Milano

We wanted to remember the name of the wine!! View of Duomo out the window
We have just arrived in Barcelona, very exciting to be somewhere we haven't been before but also a time to reflect on the past 12 months. Believe it or not, it is a year today since my surgery and, at the time, it was impossible to think past the next 24 hours let alone what we would be doing in 12 months time. Thank you to all of you who prayed us through this time and sent messages and love and thank you God for Your faithfulness and for blessing us with this holiday.

We are just back from a walk into the centre of town - Place de Catalunya - where we wondered why there were roads closed, helicopters overhead and armed police everywhere. We found a sign on the Hop on hop off bus stop to say the buses would stop at 4pm as there was an anti terror demonstration - it had just finished but from the news there were thousands there. Mike was speaking to one of the young girls working at the hotel and she said her friends were going. We paid our respects at La Rambla where many are still laying flowers. While there, a spontaneous clapping began - a sure sign that fear will not rule. It was interesting to see a number of businesses closed - we assume as a sign of respect/show of solidarity. The signs being carried read "We are not afraid".

What do you eat when in Spain - Argentinian of course with the restaurant run by a delightful young man from Amsterdam, complete with tango dancing!! Loving Spain already.

Dulces suenos


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Beautiful old building which is now a hotelBeautiful old building which is now a hotel
Beautiful old building which is now a hotel

We had no idea where we were staying was in such a pretty building. Must find out the history


28th August 2017

Wonderful!
Hi What a dummy - I just logged on to your blog thinking it had been a while since I had heard anything. And there were many posts. Have got up to date, thankfully. What a wonderful time you are having. It is great to hear your news and see some photos. Tremezzo sounds fantastic - smaller town are always attractive, we agree. And it sounds nice to be ferrying, then walking then on a funicular....... We are envious!!! We loved Murano and Torcello (cats!) and the amazing mosaics in the Church. So glad you are having a great time. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more. love from Kerry and Peter ? Go Tigers - can you believe Tigers finished 3rd!! Missed out on reserved MCC tix this morning but will line up on Sept 8.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb