Last day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
November 25th 2014
Published: November 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sleep wasn't really an option this morning as someone was banging on a door and shouting loudly from the small hours until after 7am. We only had a few hours before catching our plane so sadly did not have time for one last Gaudi house that we'd found near the Ramblas yesterday.

Walking down to El Ravel, we passed the place where the 'football' incident took place on Friday. Being 8am, the pickpockets and scammers hadn't risen yet.... or so we thought.

Whilst I was a taking a photo of the old Umbrella Factory in La Rambla, Glyn had the joy of listening to a lengthy tale from a man who said he was from Belgium - you know - where Poirot is from? And he himself was pick-pocketed the night before, he'd been to the police and all that. But would you believe he now needed a euro to phone home. Glyn had no idea if this was true or just a slightly more innovative beggar.

We took a walk through the morning quiet of Barric Gotic where barely anything was open yet, stopping for something to eat and taking advantage of the lack of other tourists to take photos.

Ending up at the Arc de Triomph, we noted that it was nothing like the French one. Someone on Trip Advisor had claimed that you could photograph it and then fool your friends into thinking you had been to Paris, but my friends are not that dim - it is nothing like the French version.

After a quick meander in a nearby non-descript park full of loud school kids, we headed back to check out and then the airport.

Note - Barcelona airport, they have very bouncy travelators which kept me amused. They also have bad security and when we accidentally went in the wrong area, scanning in our boarding passes did not alert anyone. It is unusual that they scan your full luggage as you enter, but I have experienced this in other airports. So it turned out that we'd missed check in and were in completely the wrong area, but still managed to get to the wrong set of gates. I would hope that someone would have stopped us if we had tried to get on the wrong plane, both with bags clearly too big for hand-luggage. We had to go out and come back in again, good job we had a lot of time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb