Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!
Me and Katie are now in Barcelona, Spain! We checked into our hostel today but were so tired that we crashed there for a few hours. It´s dark now, so there´s not many things open but tomorrow we´re going to a lot of places like the museums and whatnot.
We´ve been walking a little bit along the Ramblas and its really nice. There´s a lot of intersting/weird things here... but i´m glad we´re here.
Early we got on our first Barcelona metro ride to get to the hostel so of course we had our backpacks and all belongings. I kept telling Katie that she needed to put ON her money belt, and I had a weird feeling something was going to happen. Anyway.. it was EXTREMELY crowded (being a Saturday afternoon) and we had to stand near the doors of the subway. These two "nice looking" girls got out of a seat, and were walking torwards the door like they were waiting to get off on the next stop. I wasn´t even looking, but they somehow reached into katies purse without her even knowing it and grabbed her wallet!!! The doors opened, and they waited til the last second to jump off. As the doors were closing Katie knew what had happened and jumped into the doorway. She was trying to pry it back open with her hands, and she screamed (with minor curse words) "THAT B**** JUST STOLE MY WALLET!!"
So we both pulled the doors apart and ran after her. We got in front of her and stopped her and Katie was shaking so hard. She just looked at her and said "You stole my wallet give it back now..." She said... ´"No... look see!" and opened her bag (which was completely empty..) then I realized that the other girl that was with her was already walking up the steps! I said "KATIE! SHES GOT IT!" and we somehow got her to give it back. They started walking away and Katie said "wait.. where the money?" and she finally found it... it was so weird... we got it all back. We are very very very lucky. Apparently this is the worst place in Europe for pickpocketers!! When we got to the hostel there was a girl that was trying to get ahold of the police because she had EVERYTHING stolen. I felt so bad for her, yet so lucky 😊 I just can´t wait to get back and see everyone that I miss so much and sleep in my own bed and take a BATH!
I´m glad we didn´t go for 2 months now... I have a lot to take care of when I get back.
We miss everyone so much. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb