Veinte y uno


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
April 27th 2009
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After an hour and a half of school work with Elwood and Stevie this morning. We decided to hit the outlet mall in Barcelona which we were going to do yesterday but it was closed. Many shops are closed on a Sunday including Ikea which we were also going to yesterday to get some dark curtains for Stevie and Elwoods room. It seems the kids have adapted to Spanish life very well by night, kids aren't asleep until about 9:45pm, but by day they are back on Melbourne time waking up between 7-8am.

The address for the outlet mall was saved in the GPS yesterday so we were ready to go straight out the door. We got to the town La Roc without a glitch, traffic was good company was great. Only problem was once we arrived I remebered that we only put the towns postcode in and not the street address (which we didnt have on us). So we drove every street of the town but to no avail, 30 mins later we looked up shops in the GPS and it directed us 3km away to a nearby centre, we were wrapped we thought we had overcome our little problem. Unfortunately not so, there was no outlet mall there. I remebered having passed a La Perla factory on the way into La Roc, this not only gave us confidence that the outlet mall was near but we also thought we should go to the factory to ask for directions which we did. The man in the factory did tell us where the shop was in the local town, we went expecting to find gutkers but instead we found food. Obviously La Perla (clothing) didnt get full trademark protection.

Anyway we went to a local hotel and the man in the hotel gave us directions, it was about 10kms away. Still go a bit lost but but after 20 mins found our way there.

Good outlet many shops including Dolce&Gabbana, Zegna, Burberry, Facconable, Ralph Lauren, Camper etc. We bought a few things including a gorgeous pair of blue loafers for Elwood - they should fit him by his barmitzvah. I am sure we will go and visit again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb