Cathedrals, Museums and Dodgy Tapas Bars


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
November 5th 2005
Published: March 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

BarcelonaBarcelonaBarcelona

Mel has found Barcelona´s answer to the erotic gherkin
Hola

After a large hangover from a great leaving do and some last minute packing "concerns" we boarded the plane for our first port of call Espana. We arrived in Barcelona to find that the weather wasn't so bad and despite the both of us having colds we managed to cover most of the city in 2 days in great japonese fashion! We can definitely recomend the Sagrada Familia (Gaudi Cathedral in the centre). You have to climb to the top and see the amazing views of the city. Everyone thought Mel looked Spanish and started yabbering on at her...poor Mel only knows three words in Spanish none of which were appropriate (Paella, Vino and Gracias).

The next stop was Madrid and because of the lack of time we decided to spend the main day in Toledo which was well worth the visit. When we got back we decided to have a typical spanish/Travellers dinner (ie cheap). We ended up in a wonderful local establishment full of very talkative grand dads who liked their vino! We half understood the set menu (ie we understood it was a fiver a head including wine) so we ordered! What came can only be described as microwave mush for starter, flattened meat of some description for main and rubber creme caramel for dessert. The only redeeming feature was the fact that a bottle of their finest vino (yeah right) was included and managed to dull our taste buds. The rest of the evening was a blur!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb