Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 16th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all

We are in Spain now and have a bit of time to update ya

So, we went out to watch the rugby in Lucerne and I had a great time pissing off English fans. Then they won, which was expected as it was a game of soccer. It was sooooo boring. So many attempts at drop goals. Us southern hemisphere folks were not impressed. And we tried to explain the game to Americans...so that was fun.

Stu and Trace, we love ya, but English people are annoying. Well, over here anyways. All the singing, with such lyrical gems as ´ENGLAND...ENG-A-LAND....ENG-A-LAND.....ENG-A-LAND...ENG-A-LAND...EEEEEEENGALAAAAAAAAND´

Needless to say we left that bar. We went on to another and a few of us bought a couple bottles of Vodka, its way cheaper than buying a glass for 15 euros each. Abbey got wasted. I was fine, just singing Bon jovi with my new Australian friends. It was a good night.

The tour bus is pretty cool. Theres 50 people on there, so we´ll do well to meet them all, but most of them seem cool. We met an Aussie couple, Michael and Kelly, on the first day and theyre real nice. We hang out with them a bit and had dinner last night. After everyone else had left the restaurant we hung around and had some drinks...until the waiter started shutting doors. So we went upstairs where we heard there was a room party. Had a few drinks in a tiny room full with about 20 people until that was broken up by the tour guide. So me and Michael went back to his room to finish the beers. Another good night. Although the start this morning was hard. (Abbey´s comment: I was fine, JONATHON was hung over!!)

Anyway, after our night in Lucerne, we moved on to Lyon via Geneva. Over here Sundays are just a waste of time. Everything is closed. So we found a McDonalds in Geneva and tried to kill a few hours there. Lyon was a lovely little place. We all went out and found restaurants and had a fairly quiet night.

The next day was a loooooooong drive from Lyon to Barcelona. I cant sleep on the bus either so its a drag.

We went to see the Sagrada Familia which if you dont know, is an old church they started building in 1882 and its still not done. I blame the siestas. And because its taken so long to build, each section looks different, some look nice, some not so much.

Today we have just been wandering around Barcelona looking at the shops. The tour guide threw a bit of a hissy fit because of the room party so he stopped showing us the main sights on the city tour this morning. Such a little bitch. AND he said at the start they (him and the driver) expect a 50 euro tip each at the end. Good luck with that. No one we have spoken to are giving them much at all. Probably less now after his tantrum.

so, tonight we have a flamenco dance dinner thing, then tomorrow we drive on to Nice and the French Riviera. Its the first place we get to do a decent wash...Vanessa your laundry kit has been worth its weight in gold.

We´ve been really impressed with the hotels so far. A 4 star hotel the first night and 3 stars since then. Only one average one. But nothing has even come close to the shit box we stayed in for a week in LA.

Hope all is well, the Aussies were´nt too mean about the league thrashing, so that was nice.

GO WELLINGTON in the final. And GO SOUTH AFRICA!


Advertisement



16th October 2007

Cool
Hey guys, Sounds like you are really enjoying the trip which is cool! stink about the tour guide, i mean come on aren't you allowed to have parties there? haha funny.Not much news over here, apart from Morgan who now walks around the house going mumma....dadda.....poppa, it's so cute! oh yeah and now she loves shoes, on the weekends she makes me cahnge them about 10 times before i can get them on and hide the others. Count down til you come back am really looking foward to it, it is so quiet with out you guys. Mum is getting better slowley after almodt 2 weeks of nit sleeping she came in to my house very excited that she slept alot better, so funny even for someone who isn't a morning person, oh yeah and brad says hi, he only gets snippets of what you up to, although we finally bought a computer the other day so now i can show him although i have to set up internet first....? Anyway talk soon and have fun love ya both Amanda Brad and Morgan

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb