Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a late first night in Barcelona: Drinking, talking to other travelers and doing laundry. Once again, we had a room all to ourselves. Barcelona was still warm and muggy when we woke in the morning. We headed by foot down to the city center. After checking out the scene, we got on a sight seeing bus. It was a double decked one just like in Paris. We went all around the city seeing the major landmarks. Unfortunately, I don’t have too many pictures to show for it, as the batteries on my camera went dead. It was very neat to see all the different types of architecture that evolved throughout the years. This was the heart of the great Spanish empire. Down at the harbor, there were great statues of Columbus because of his discovery of the new world: The Americas.
For meals, we could not find true Spanish food to save our lives. We ended up eating at a really nice pizzeria. We headed back to the hostel to talk more with our new roommates. Tonight we were staying in a larger room with 10 Muslim guys from Belgium.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb