Barcelona: Gay scene in the capital of modernism.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 16th 2016
Published: September 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Barcelona is not only a beautiful city full of unique attractions and a “beautiful horizon” is also a multicultural city, diverse and overall open minded. In the past years, this thriving destination
has become a top location for those looking for unique holidays in a city that never sleeps.




The capital of modernism is a city that doesn’t need an introduction: its architectural wonders, its mild temperatures, fantastic location overlooking the sea and also a welcoming environment for
Gays and Lesbians, have made of the city one of the top destination for the LGBT community. If its unique architecture and its idyllic location are not
enough to convince you to visit it… its vibrant gay scene might help.




Not everyone knows but Barcelona is one of the bastions for a large community of Gay and Lesbians, specially the famous neighborhood, fondly nicknamed “Gayeixample”. Gayeixample is a trendy and lively neighborhood perfect for grab a beer and have a good time with your colleagues; also for spend a good time dancing all night long while listen cheesy songs.




The “City of Counts” has a fantastic nightlife scene, especially during the summer, when most of the gay festivals take place. The most popular event is undoubtedly “Pride Barcelona”, this is a massive event that runs from June until July and offers shows, activities for kids, conferences, concerts and concludes with the Pride Parade.




However, Pride Barcelona is not only an event for LGBT community, in fact, this event gathers many heterosexual who come to share experiences, good moments, laughs and show the world there is nothing to fear of gays.




Barcelona hosts other popular event: “Circuit” considered the biggest international gay festival. This fest takes place each August and has become a very important event for summer. In 2016 the festival celebrated its 10th anniversary and exceptionally lasted 3 weeks. Circuit’s main characteristic is its well organized schedule that offers good swims at nearby water parks, fantastic evening sharing cocktails at local pubs even a huge fireworks display at night. Circuit 2017 will take place in Barcelona and Sitges, don’t forget to book hotels online in advance!




If you are visiting Barcelona during autumn, winter and spring don’t worry there are other fantastic activities, zones and attractions that you can enjoy. The Gay scene in the capital of modernism is
vast and ranges from clubs, pubs and cafes to Saunas and Gay-Cruising. Let’s numerate the clubs and pubs of Eixample area:




1. Arena Madre: Probably the most famous and pioneer for Barcelona gay scene, Arena offers entertainment for everyone. If you enjoy wild shows, leather and a stripper, certainly Arena Madre is the best option. Location: Calle Balmes, 32.




2. Arena Classic: Other famous club, from the same group of Arena Madre. This club plays varied music but mostly cheesy Spanish pop, but attracts the most handsome guys. Location: Diputació, 233.




3. Space: Space is a famous club among gays across the city, mostly due to its “Gay Day”, which is a party that only allows boys… Gay Day takes place on every Sunday night. The music is varied and the atmosphere is wild! Dance shows, strippers and intense decoration that will assure you an unforgettable night.




4. People Lounge: People lounge is a beautiful place decorated with exquisite taste that serve delicious cocktails in the heart of Gayeixample. The atmosphere is fantastic and is the perfect place to meet new and interesting people. Don’t forget to try the “Spécialité de la maison” the Cosmopolitan.




5. El Secret Del Tall: This restaurant boasts a fantastic location in the very heart of Gayeixample. This restaurant offers delicious Mediterranean cuisine at very affordable prices. El Secret Del Tall offers cozy environment and its service is unbeatable.




6. El Berenjenal: This is the perfect place for snacks and drinks in Gayeixample… The food is fantastic but the drinks are unbeatable! The best bet: try the mojito. Berenjenal offers cultural exchange, it is possible to arrive there alone and find hundred of new friends from every part of the globe. The best of this restaurant its environment, you will always feel welcome.




BoyBerry: Are you interested in gay cruising? If yes, you must visit BoyBerry. This local offers a new concept of cruise club and leisure… This place counts with video club, sexshop, private areas, pubs, cabins and even WiFi access… BoyBerry is famous in Barcelona gay scene for being a place that offers a friendly atmosphere and young audience. It is also famous for the themed parties they organized such as: “Naked day”, “Underwear day”, “Black out”, “Young party” and every day 20th you have free access if measures more than 20 centimeters…




As you can see Barcelona offers many fantastic places designed for gay community. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the beautiful capital of modernism. Have you ever been to Barcelona? Tell us what you think about our selection.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb