Day 1: Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
March 23rd 2012
Published: March 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So today, Jo and I found our way from the first flight to our second flight leaving Frankfurt for Barcelona. I spoke a little broken Spanish and managed to get us on a bus from the airport to the city center where we tracked down our amazing hostel! We are rooming with a couple other people from western Europe and one from Saudi Arabia, who are all traveling by themselves. We explored the city by foot and metro, had a unique Spanish lunch of tapas, and enjoyed Parque Guell (a Dr Seuss-like community) built and inspired by artist Guardi. We had to return to the room to cover up tank tops we wore for warmer weather during the sunny day, and put on sweatshirts and windbreakers to venture out for a beer--Spain´s Estrella Damm. Did some more sight seeing downtown: a building that lights up and changes color (I´m trying to add a picture) and saw La Sagrada Familia at night! Our eating and sleep schedule is really messed up. They treated us well on the flight last night with food and wine, but didn´t sleep much. We´re wiped out now, and leave for Madrid in the morning! It´ll be our first EuRail trip. Stay tuned for adventures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.3108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb