First suckling pig of the trip!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Tordesillas
September 14th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have made it to Tordesillas in Spain. We flew to Valladollid this morning where we picked up our hire car (a Fiat Punto). We only had a 30 minute drive which was enough as we have to get used to driving on the other side of the road as well as changing gear with the other hand. Tim did the driving and it not prove too problematic. We have got TomTom which is pretty useful although it did send us in the completely wrong direction at the end. Then it kept saying “you have reached your destination” when we were clearly nowhere near our hotel and halfway down some deserted A road. Much swearing occurred!

We ventured into town in the afternoon for a look round and some food. It was afternoon by our standards but as the Spanish seem to like to eat so late it was probably still morning for them. Lunch does not start until 1:30pm!

There seemed to be some type of festival going on. We were not quite sure what it was to do with but everyone had walking sticks and has scarves tied round their necks. Everyone seemed to be part of teams or clubs as the scarves were all different colours and lots of people were in matching outfits. We think it might be connected to with bull fighting is some way based on posters we saw but we are not sure.

We managed to find somewhere to eat and we had roasted sucking pig! It was very nice - Tim had a trotter in his portion! We were reminded that Spain is not a good destination for vegetarians! Luckily that is not us and we plan to eat lots of chorizo and jamon in the next 2 weeks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb