SPAIN-SEGOVIA-1006


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
October 7th 2009
Published: October 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

PLAZA MAYOR
I am now in Toledo...Isn't there a song by the name of "On my way to Toledo"?
The Journey from Burgos to Toledo was long...I arrived in the evening and took a night stroll through the narrow streets and plazas and had Paella from Fedeu in the main plaza...Amazing...The stroll was more like a hike...It was great...Later on Toledo...
I stopped in the stony hill town of Segovia yesterday to visit the Aquaduct, the Alcazar (built on an old Roman fort) and the main Cathedral (which was Gothic Moorish). The air was warm and dry and the landscape in general from Burgos to Toledo similar to the landscape along Thoasand Oaks/Westlake Village along the 101,some areas like Joshua Tree with all the rock cropping...I cannot say enough about Segovia...It is beautiful...I highly recommend it...I loved the narrow pebbled streets, the plazas and the cafe and restaurants, the vistas along the fortress walls in the periphery of the city, and of course the Roman Aquaduct...What I see, when I enter these cities, are a lot of construction and developments but as you go in and enter the old parts, that is when they come to light...
So far the trip to Spain
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

PEBBLED NARROW STREETS OF SEGOVIA
has been wonderful...The people are nice and the food is amazing...
Cafe con Leche served with a little biscuit: yum, yum, yum...

another thing before i close for the day...
I hear Baaleh, Baaleh being used all the time...It means Ok, great...Several times after hearing the word, I automatically started speaking/responding in Farsi...It sounds excatly like the Farsi Baaleh, which means the same...
toodles,
M
p.s.
I forgot to mention that buildings in the old parts of the city were plastered with beautiful geometrical patterns...
Check out the pics...
M again


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

THE CATHEDRAL OF SEGOVIA
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

THE ROMAN AQUEDUCT OF SEGOVIA
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

THE ALCAZAR (THE CASTLE) PERCHED ON A ROCKY HILL BUILT ON AN ANCIENT ROMAN FORT
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

THE RED TILED ROOFS
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

PLASTER PATTERNS ON THE WALLS
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

PLASTER PATTERNS ON THE WALLS
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

PLASTER PATTERNS ON THE WALLS


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb