Leon to Salamanca Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
June 30th 2015
Published: June 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Travel in Spain and looking to their history you have to visit churches. Some people don't like that but when you look at the churches and how old they are and standing you have to agree those builders knew what they were doing. We saw in Salamanca a Roman bridge build 68 A.D that is in daily use now. Salamanca is a very nice place. Build by the Romans around 63 A.D. it saw many armies coming through their city walls. O.A Hannibal and his army of soldiers and elephants on his way to conquer Rome. You find all this history back in the buildings and churches. It has a magnificent square that is surrounded by palaces and occupied we were told by Government. You can walk around the square in the shade because of covered walkway, which is lined with cafés and restaurants. They have their chairs and tables set out into the square. Plenty of restaurants to choose from only the times they supply food is a problem. Most of the people have their meal at 9 o'clock at night and that is not the time we usual eat. They extend their meals well into the night talking and having fun, during the day they catch up on sleep. We had an experience in one restaurant that everything is one Euro. You fill in a docket met numbers that corresponds with the meal you choose as well as the drink, we had beer and the total price was 6 Euro for we each had three things. You name is called out and you go there to pick it up and find a place to sit. Very funny but was good and cheap. The ice coffee is another problem. You can get Nescafé with ice blocks or a glass with ice cream and a small cup with strong coffee, you than pour the coffee over the ice cream and you have ice coffee. Well we had a very nice stay in Salamanca, a beautiful city with a lot of history. Tomorrow we are on the way to Madrid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.666s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.3345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb