Day 37: Salamanca:


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
June 9th 2022
Published: June 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We woke up casually late, since we had nothing special to do. We had made arrangements to use BlaaBlaa car service to get a ride to Jerez de la Frontera tomorrow, thanks to Manoli's nephew Miguel, since they wouldn't allow our phone for verification. So, we had the whole day to see the sights. Tonight was supposed to be a fiesta, with fireworks and all at night. First, we visited the double cathedral, the old and the new that are connected. Then we went on a roundabout excursion to the roman bridge. They were in the process of putting out the fireworks, and had a lot of the area taped off. We took some nice photos of the cathedral from the other side of the bridge, then went looking for somewhere to eat lunch.

We ended up picking the Restaurante Taperia Lio. I had a gazpacho soup and Manoli had a nice salad. After a bit more wandering around, and checking out where we were supposed to meet our ride, we returned to the hostel for a little nap. After our nap, at around 6pm, we went sightseeing again. After wandering around for a while, we ended up at ... Plaza Mayor. Hey, it is a neat place with lots of crowds, and good restaurants and cafes. We decided to go back to Cafeteria Nero for dinner. I had to order another Miniburgesa and Manoli had a potato soup. Both were delicious of course.

We wandered around for a while, planning on staying up for the fireworks. Besides the regular sights, most of which we'd already seen, but decided to check out the Salamanca University and find the frog. I'm not sure what the whole story is, but supposedly there was a frog somewhat on the buidling decorations, and if you could find it, you'd have good luck. Well, we found it, with a little help, but I'm not sure about the good luck. After a couple of hours of roaming, it was still only a little after 9pm, and the fireworks weren't until 10pm or so, so we decided to go back to the hostel and get some sleep for tomorrow's long trip to Jerez and Chipiona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb