Narrow roads and 'army ant' style tour groups in Toledo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile-La Mancha » Toledo
September 25th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Driving in Toledo 52 secs
We made it!! If you had seen the state of the roads then you would know why that is worthy of 2 exclamation marks. We are staying in a very central hotel which is great but that did mean we had to tackle the very narrow roads to get here. They are only just one car wide and that is one small car. Why people bring big cars here I have no idea.

Toledo is home of the tour group, and not any old tour group. These ones act like army ants - they engulf and overpower anything in their path! On several occasions while we were relaxing in our favourite square we watched unsuspecting tourists get swallowed by them!

Toledo is also home to the best restaurant we have come across. It is called La Abadia and we liked it so much that we went there twice! The food was fantastic, I had this lovely roast pepper and tuna salad as a starter. Tim had a pickled quail salad starter which he kept raving about.

Toledo also has the usual assortment of cathedrals, churches, museums as well a lot of very interesting and knobbly doors! It also has a lot of El Greco paintings in various places as he spent part of his life here.

I almost forgot, it appears to be THE place to buy a sword. They are selling them everywhere!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Another town, another cathedral...Another town, another cathedral...
Another town, another cathedral...

This one was really impressive though
Monastery of San Juan de los ReyesMonastery of San Juan de los Reyes
Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes

We ended up here by mistake but it was really lovely, one of the nicest cloisters we saw.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb