Volcanic Experience in Canary Islands: we share our wealth


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands
January 24th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Canary Islands


Guimar Malpais, TenerifeGuimar Malpais, TenerifeGuimar Malpais, Tenerife

A volcanic landscape
If you enjoy imposing scenery and breathtaking landscape, look no further than the Canary Islands! Rising from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, Europe’s most southern Archipelago hosts some of the most exciting and challenging mountaineering in the world. Home to both the highest peak in Spain, Mouth Teide of Tenerife, and innumerable lower mountains and valleys, the islands cater for hikers of all abilities with walks and excursions to suit.
Take advantage of the unspoilt nature reserves and national parks that the islands have to offer. Local tourist offices are well located to offer help and advice to visitors wishing to explore the islands alone or to point them in the direction of one of the many professional groups which offer guides excursions. As well as giving you a birdseye view of the islands, exploring on foot will also enable you to access some of the most remote villages, to get a glimpse of traditional island life and a feeling for the rich canarian culture. Many of the islands’ beaches, view points and rock climbing hot spots can only be reached by foot, ensuring peace and quiet – the perfect escape from everyday life.
Temperatures in the mountainous regions vary dramatically, from blistering summer days to the snow-capped peaks of winter. Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Gomera and La Palma are home to 4 of Spain’s 13 National Parks and contain over 500 endemic plant species. Tenerife’s El Teide alone is thought to hold a further 140 species, only to be found there.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb