Tenerife, Canary Islands


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
December 22nd 2015
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 22nd December, 2015. Tenerife



We docked at Santa Cruz de Tenerife which is in the state of the province of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and one of the capitals of the Canary Islands. It is part of one of the two biggest metropolitan areas in the islands with 423,198 inhabitants, and itself the second biggest city in the archipelago, second to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria with whom it shares the status of capital city. We weren't sure how easy it would be to find a car hire place but our worries were unfounded. We met up with Tony and Sheila (accidentally) after breakfast and they showed us the short way to the port gates. They asked us to pass on their best wishes to Angela, Audrey and Hallett (if we were to see her). We secured a car fairly easily (but only because D knew his passport details off by heart!).

We travelled along the autopista and came off at Puerta de la Cruz. Won't bore you with the details but we found them (despite D thinking informatica ((computer repair shop)) was interchangeable with information!). We were taken into their lovely complex called the White Windmills. We were both really pleased to hear that Angie had, in fact, arranged for us to get together with Hallett. After a quick phone conversation it was agreed that she would come to La Paz as car parking in Puerta de la Cruz was a nightmare. Hallett joined us for a drink before we all walked into La Paz to find a lunch venue. The one that Hallett and Angie wanted was closed so we found another that Angie and Audrey had used before. M, D and Audrey went for a quick walk to look at the view of the town below (La Paz is on a hill overlooking the town). We had a really lovely lunch, with a very attentive waiter, and generally caught up with our lovely friends.

We drove back to the car hire place and then went to the ship where we changed and went to meet Tony and Sheila for goodbye drinks. It was really lovely to actually be on the same cruise as them after all these years - and (bad luck for D) - M is back into Bridge! (Thanks Tony and Sheila xx).

Dinner with Wally and Carol was a nice goodbye. Show was Grand farewell Variety Show with Lee Caroll, Jacky Webbe, Danny Buckler and the Braemar Show Company which was fairly entertaining.

Tomorrow we go back to UK and then our separate ways. D to Bristol for Xmas with his two youngest kids and M to Southend to see her parents. Blogs will start again in January when we set off for South America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



6th January 2016
6.  View Over Puerta de la Cruz from La Paz

Nice snapshot
Lovely

Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb