Leaving Spain :( Back to Edinburgh!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
July 23rd 2012
Published: August 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke to another sunny day in Tenerife. We will be sad to leave this lovely place. Last breakfast...so we decided to have the glass of free champagne on offer (well keith and Rach did, mine ended up in my breakfast and in my lap! i wish I could say it was a sudden gust of wind that knocked it over, but unfortunately it was my clumsy hand, waving around as I was explaining something!) Another omelette(poached eggs for Rach) made especially for us, feshly squeezed orange juice and croissants. Yum! Stocked up on lunch goodies as well...we are getting very slick at making our lunch rolls, wrapping them in tissue and sliding them into our nags without being seen!

Keith had nabbed our seats by th pool again, and we sauntered from breakfast to the pool for our last rays of sun for a while (unlessthe sun decides to visit Edinburgh, which seems highly unlikely given the recent wet cold summer they've been having!) Afer some sun, some swimming, and some reading, it soon became 'daiquri-o'clock'! (2 virgin ones for Rach and me and one alcoholic one for Keith...the standard order!We will miss these!

Unfortunately 1.30pm came around way too quickly and we had to leave our pool spot and get ready to check out. Showered and packed up, we ate our last stolen lunch on the balcony and said a sad farewell to our home for the last 6 days.

But...one final treat before we leave...I had booked us all in for a massage...Keith's FIRST ever massage! Keith and Rach had a back and neck one, while I went for the full body. We were given robes and paper g-strings to wear, which Keith wasn't sure what to do with...and lovely Sheraton slippers...all very nice...but bloody hot! Massages were wonderful...a great way to end our visit to Tenerife.

Taxi picked us up, and only took 15 minutes to get us to the airport...we were leaving from Tenerife South Airport, a little closer than when we arrived into Tenerife North....an hour away! The plane was a little delayed so we had some dinner in an English pub at the airport, then came our first Easy Jet experience (for Keith and me that is), no allocated seats so everyone queued up before the plane had even arrived! We were near the end of the queue, but somehow managed to find seats together!

We have had such an amazing amazing trip all together! only a day and a half left in edinburgh then back home 😞 What a trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb