Market day and the nibbling fish of Torviscas


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
April 9th 2011
Published: April 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was our first visit to the market since we have been here permanently.
On the bus journey here we have spotted a sign on the side of the road for a Suzuki dealer. It appears to be in the middle of no-where but we are coming back in the car on Monday to try to find it.
Stopped on the way at a place that has aquariums of fish that can nibble away the hard skin on your feet and promote the growth of new skin called ictiotherapy. We both had a go of this.
George does not have much hard skin, so they ended up drawing blood on him.
Theresa has excessive hard skin so really got the benefit of it. She is going to have to have several sessions for it to completely clear it but can see the difference after only one session.
Had a leisurely walk around, followed by breakfast and then a 3 mile walk to the Surfers bar where we had a small snack.
Stopped on the way home at the local frozen food place for some supplies. Couldn’t get too much as it is still another 20 minute walk until we get home.
Tans are coming on nicely, although, as most of it is from walking, we are both noticing that the arms are brown but the legs are still fairly white. Plenty of time to put this right.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb