Looky looky…me no like’y


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Gran Canaria
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everybody
Not sure if you’ve been keeping up with Jaime’s blog on our days here, but I just wanted to add a few words myself.
We’ve had some days out venturing to the main city Las Palmas, the harbour village of Puerte de Mogan and conducting the obligatory trapses to shop for food in San Fernando. But its left us with very little enthusiasm for Gran Canaria.

It just seems that unless you want to spend your days crisping in the sun by the pool or on the beach there is little else to do here. Alright, I hear you say ‘it’s a holiday island, that’s what people do whilst on their hard earned 2 weeks of rest’, but we were hoping for more.
Jobs still appear as mysterious to find as a lost sock in your laundry but we have tried a few options of emailing the animal parks and sales jobs advertised in the local press, although am still drawing the line of becoming a timeshare hustler selling on street corners.
We have given ourselves a deadline of this coming Sunday to make a decision of what we do next, but it seems that a prolonged stay on this island is out of the question. Other options are: have another go at the Wwoof’ing (willing workers on organic farms) experience, bleed some more cash visiting another island or head back to the UK/Germany.

Hope your all keeping well. Keep reading Jaime’s blog for updates, but I will be in touch once any exciting news develops.

xxd




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



10th February 2010

oh dear
My poor babies no likey Gran Canaria well come on home back to Blighty the freezing cold wind and the snow, can't wait to see you luvs u's xxx

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb