It's Safest on The Footpaths, For us at Least


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Fuerteventura
August 4th 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Parque NaturalParque NaturalParque Natural

The Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo (the sand-dunes natural park just south of Corralejo).
The Segway tour was at 11.30am, so after a nice leisurely morning we walked back to where we had booked it. After a quick tutorial, without a scary so called safety video like the one we had to watch in Boston (Carnage on The Streets, or So We Were Expecting), we set-off around the streets of Corralejo. Most of the footpaths in Corralejo have cycle lanes, which were perfect for Segways as well, although people seemed to still wander into them.

I don't know what the Spanish for "You f***ing a***holes" is, but I got a very good idea from some old Spanish guy who was in a world of his own until he was snapped out of it by a convoy of Segways flying past.

We were unable to go round the old town as roadworks meant that it was inaccessible for Segways, so we headed off to the sand-dunes for some off road activity, via a short stop at a bar for drinks, probably with kick-backs for the guide. These Segways had much bigger, thicker tires than the ones we had used before, specifically for off-roading, which the guide had been very firm to point out as you need to allow for the extra width.
Sand-dunesSand-dunesSand-dunes

The sand-dunes didn't tend to hurt when we fell off our Segways.


The sand-dunes are a completely different Segway experience to the streets, but at least only three out of the five of us managed to fall off. After some time 'playing' on the dunes we headed back.

For some reason two of the Segways had decided that they were still off road and were refusing to about a snail's pace. The guide tried to reset them a few times, but with no luck so it was a slow journey back.

After yet another visit to the supermarket, it was again back to the villa for some chilling time. As I don't do swimming pools, I went for a walk back to the sand-dunes. It seemed a lot further than it did on the Segways, especially in the mid-afternoon heat.

It was then back to the town centre for a meal and some time wandering round the ubiquitous tat shops, although we resisted the urge to buy anything more than a few postcards.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb