Transport Plan B


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Fuerteventura
August 2nd 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

MamandyouMamandyouMamandyou

A statue that symbolises the mother-earth, near our frequently visited supermarket. The colours are representative of Fuerteventura.
Despite the late night, I was awake early, so I followed the usual routine when we arrive somewhere new and went out for a run to get a feel for the place and a sense of where everything is. Despite it being early, I was not expecting it to be as cool as it was, so running was a lot more pleasant than I had expected.

There were two key things that I was on a mission to locate. The first was a supermarket as the others would be waking up soon hungry and thirsty. The second was the local car hire office, so we could go and sort out the car and hopefully avoid having to go all the way back to the airport again to sort it out there.

I found a 'Hiper Dino' supermarket about quarter of a mile from the villa. I also found a sign for the Avis office, although it was in a shopping centre that had not yet opened for the day.

Once I got back to the villa, I got some money and headed back to the supermarket to do the 'hunter gather' thing and get some essentials, namely water, milk, breakfast cereal, butter and croissants.

This is obviously a very British resort as there is an awful lot of competition for the "full English". Not that we would be interested, but I saw prices as low as €2.00.

After our not full English breakfast, my wife and I headed off to the Avis office. It was Sunday and it was closed all day. Our holiday company had also tried to get hold of them, also with no luck. Even the office at the airport was closed, which is unbelievable. The holiday company offered us a refund, which we took. If Avis can't be bothered, then we'll look elsewhere.

The Hertz office was open. In fact their desk had been open when we were at the airport. They obviously could be bothered, so we booked a car through them, making sure that we would be able to leave it at the airport and not back in Corralejo. That was no problem, although a big enough car would not be available until the next day. It worked out cheaper as well, even taking into account the cost of the taxi from the airport.

After another visit to the supermarket for more supplies (this time with my wife to cover all the essentials that I had missed first time round), we got back to the villa and all decided to spend the rest of the day chilling.

In the evening we walked back to the centre of Correlejo, which is about a mile from our villa. After a look around and getting some ideas of things to do for the rest of the holiday, we agreed on somewhere for an evening meal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb