Pamplona to San Sebastian


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 10th 2016
Published: July 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we had just a short 1-hour drive to the Atlantic Ocean and the city of San Sebastian but this time we had to get through a random breath test check point, we were OK with a reading of 0.00. The only difference to Australian and NZ check points are they have a policeman with the automatic gun at the ready (finger on the trigger) for people who try to do a runner, I guess its shoot first and ask questions later. The plan was to spend some time on the beach but the clouds rolled in, so it was a walk to the beach and port area with a late lunch at one of the wonderful seafood restaurants at the fishing port. After this we took an hour’s boat trip around the local bays then a walk around old city area. As San Sebastian is known as a culinary mecca for Pintxos (Pintyos), so this evening we are tried the Pintxos crawl. The tradition is to go from bar to bar trying one Pintxos and a drink in each spot, then moving on, our problem is we loved the look of too many dishes in each place so we couldn’t just pick one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb