San Sebastian by Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
April 18th 2009
Published: May 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Mark's Questions 38 secs

San Sebastian Surf


We soon got into a rhythm in San Sebastian. Wake up early, hit the surf before the wind (and the crowds) pick up, find a cool breakfast spot, then head into town, before planning the evening session as the winds drop again. Today was no different, other than it followed the night before. I was carrying a wash of ale in my stomach and surfing in this state was like trying to paddle out on a water bed. Still, it didn't stop me.

By day, San Sebastian was a pretty cool city with a lot of culture, some great scenery and 3 hungover Englishmen. We took off shopping and sightseeing until Mark felt it necessary to really experience the Spanish Culture and head back to the hotel for a Siesta. Calv and I ventured on and toured the old town.

Mark's Questions


After a few days on a surf trip - with or without waves it is quite likely that one of your group will begin to lose his marbles. This can either be through going stir crazy (at no waves) or the 'surf-stoke' of overexcitement of great waves. Whatever the case it leads to some rather random behaviours. In Mark's case it led to a range of fricken random questions, for example:

How long is a giraffe's head?


Who would win in a fight - Musk or Mark?



The latter was easily settled with a text to "Any Questions Answered" (text 63336). Apparently - "Mark would floor Musk with his superior and cutting whit before even a blow had been exchanged." Clearly there is no peer review system of authenticity at this 63336 texting line, as we can all see that is utter bollox. However, Mark chose to ignore this fact. Well, until apparently a Giraffe's head was claimed to be 18 inches or so. A fact he would not accept, insisting it's at least 4 feet long. Anyway, the video clip provides material enough for you to make a judgment about the quality of Mark's company on this excursion. I'll let you make up your own mind...


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb