A Musical Paradise?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
December 15th 2014
Published: December 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

With the longest beach on the Island, Playa d'en Bossa is the perfect place to find yourself a spot to soak up some sun between dipping in and out of the warm turquoise Mediterranean waters. This sandy stretch has seen a renaissance in recent years, but no matter how popular it gets, its still possible to find a stretch of sand to set out your towel and call your worn. When you've had quite enough relaxation and want to try something a bit more active, there are plenty of water sporting options along this 2 kilometre stretch of sand. Some firm favourites are jet skis, catamarans, stand-up paddle boards, windsurfing and kite surfing. It's all here for those who want to add a dynamic element to their relaxation in Playa d'en Bosa.

If its music you love, Playa D'en Bossa has become the focal point for all manner of parties over the past few years; home to Space Nightclub, a regular winner of Club of the Year, and the newer, but equally impressive venue of Ushuaia, electronic music lovers are not just catered for, they are spoilt for choice! If techno beats aren't your thing, not to worry, further down the beach is the stunning Hard Rock Hotel. Hosting seminal artists such as a Nenah Cherry, UB40 and The Prodigy in its first year. Holidaymakers of all kinds are catered for when it comes to accommodation; if you love being close to the action, some of these resorts allow you to stay in rooms right next to the stage! If you'd rather be in control of the volume, everything from budget apartments to exclusive rental villas can be found within a short distance of the towns world-class music venues.

Exploring beneath the surface

If you want a break from the hustle and bustle, why not explore life beneath the ocean's surface? For those curious about life and mysteries beneath the water there are plenty of diving centres on hand with experienced guides to ensure you get the most out of your under water experience. A short boat ride away from Playa de’n Bossa lies the biggest shipwreck in the Mediterranean, the "Don Pedro" which has been lying silently on the seabed since 2007. This colossal underwater attraction has in a very short time earned itself the reputation as a Mecca for divers intent in exploring Ibiza’s oceanic underworld. Ranging from a depth of 25 meters, reaching a maximum depth of 45 meters, and with a length of 140 metres, the "Don Pedro" has become known as one of the top diving spots in the world. There is plenty of choice for divers of all levels of proficiency when it comes to choosing a school to take you out to this fascinating underwater attraction. A close encounter with this submerged leviathan and you'll undoubtedly see just why “Don Pedro” has been nicknamed the "Monster of the Med".

Night time and restaurants

Night time sees the beach and town transform into a hub of nocturnal activity with numerous trendy bars and clubs such as Space, Ushaia and Pacha hosting parties into the wee hours. There are plenty of bars along the beach too, offering the perfect opportunity to enjoy a sangria while allowing yourself to be mesmerised by the sparkling Mediterranean. For a brief respite from the sand and sea, shopping options are bountiful with a host of stores just off the beach.

Other things to see

For some further water based entertainment you could try the famous Aguamar water park. With rides with such foreboding names as the Black Hole and Kamikaze, amongst many others, there's sure to be a white knuckled ride to keep the kids and plenty of adults satisfied for many hours frolicking around in the water . There are smaller slides for younger children and is suitable for families with children of all ages.



Just a few kilometres away is an ancient burial ground called Necròpolis del Puig des Molins that consists of a staggering 3000 plus caverns and tombs that date all the way back to the 7th century BC. There is a museum on the site that exhibits various artifacts that have been unearthed around the area including terracotta figurines and amulets that eerily seem to connect you across the epochs with those peoples long since departed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb