One month on in Ibiza


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
July 20th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So its now July and we’ve been working away for over a month now. It’s a hard graft as we knew it would be, but we both work roughly the same hours which means we get to see each other, and we get on really well with the people we work with (well that is in our opinion we think we do lol). We’re also enjoying our little flat, its great getting home at night and being able to sit out on the balcony with a beer and some food.

A few nights ago we also rescued a little chick from greg’s work. I can’t even describe the look on my face when greg walked in with a tiny bird tucked up inside the sleeve of a cardboard cd cover. The poor little thing had fallen from its nest and landed in the netting above the dj box. It definitely would have died as it looked to be only a few hours old, so greg took the decision to take it home. We wrapped it up in my tshirt and fed it soggy bread and water with a pair of tweezers. I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep well, and we were up every two hours checking on it and feeding it if necessary. It was really heartwarming to see its little chest rising and falling as it slept. By next morning the little thing was fully awake and chirping away like crazy which we took as a good sign. We spent another hour driving around looking for a vets and eventually found one that would take him in. lets hope he makes it but that’s our good deed done for the week.

Over the next few weeks we'll be making the most of our two half days off a month (what is a weekend? and if anyone ever complains to me they only work 5 days a week, i may hit them) and trying to save as much money as possible for our little jaunt around Europe in September. Only 8 more weeks to go....

Hello to everyone at home, we miss you all xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb