September 19th Put on your walking boots...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Asturias » Picos de Europa National Park
September 19th 2010
Published: October 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, September 19th in Picos de Europa.

After staying just outside of Potes, Cantabria at the beautiful Hotel de Orso for the weekend my host family wanted to Becca and I to experience the Fuente De cable car that gives you a beautiful 360 degree view of the National Park;seeing as Saturday turned out to be a semi-cloudy day while we were hiking a bit in Picos de Europa National park my host family decided it would be pointless to take the cable car up the mountain due to the low hanging clouds. So we decided to try it again for Sunday, hoping weather would permit a great ride up.

We were right to wait for Sunday as it permitted the perfect weather. Only a few of us went up in the cable car. Overall, only Becca, Alvaro, Natalia, Isabella and myself took the ride up. Natalia and Isabella did it for Becca and I's sake to show us, however; Carlos and Dmas are afraid of heights and Dmas jr, Kandela and Jimena didn't want to go up. The whole ride from top to bottom only takes a total of 6 minutes. Although going down feels alot faster, but you still travel at the same speed both ways. Once we were at the top we walked around for a bit and hiked a small trail. The scenery was beautiful and the whole time I thought... man my parents would love this... hint hint me-ma and dad! 😊 There is so many wicked trails and hikes to do in this park and from such heights the little Spanish villages look incredible from the top.

Fuente Dé is not a village, it is only the lower cableway station bridging gap 800m puts you in the heart of the Picos de Europa. It takes you 750m up. When you are at the top, 1850 m above sea level, you can see a breathtaking view of the valley.

Fuente De, Picos de Europa National Park, Spain. September 19th, 2010




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



8th October 2010

wow
oh honi you must be feeling so amazed by all ,i am jealous,miss you and will keep on reading your blog ,may even get me some walking boots.xo

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb