Vamos a la playa


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 21st 2007
Published: May 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Beach


Vamos a la playa

 Europe » Spain » Seville By The Conleys
May 21st 2007
The Beach
The Conley Family
Greetings All.

We had a great weekend with our friends John and Magdalena (Maleni) and their children Anthony and Anna at the beach this weekend. We met them on Saturday morning in Utrera, which is near Sevilla and where they live, and they drove all of us to Rota, a town on the Atlantic near Cadiz. Saturday we enjoyed perfect weather: hot and sunny. We hung out at the pool, took naps, and played on the beach. On Sunday, unfortunately, the weather was not so nice: very windy, cool and overcast. There were a couple of nice hours in the afternoon, though, so we quickly got back to the beach for some killer body surfing.

We had a great time with great friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The boys in the barThe boys in the bar
The boys in the bar

Eating lunch in a bar in Rota. (There are not many dining options on Sundays in Spain, but the bars are always open!).
LunchLunch
Lunch

We were joined on Sunday with Lola, Maleni's mother and a delightful woman.
One more football pictureOne more football picture
One more football picture

On Thursday night Sevilla had a victory parade for its team, but instead of limosines downtown the team was on a boat on the river. We got to be part of it. Very cool.
Dancing the SevillanaDancing the Sevillana
Dancing the Sevillana

Angie and Keenan took a class together to learn how to dance the Sevillana, the traditional dance of Sevilla. They report that it is hard!


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb