Malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
June 11th 2012
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

OK panic over everyone, the travel blog is back after an abscence of 3 years!! I kicked off my travels with a weeks visit to Malaga, the 6th biggest city in Spain and capital of the province of the same name. Like a lot of you I had only previously visted Malaga airport on route to some of the infamous resorts along the Costa del crime however I had heard that the city itself was worth visiting and I wasn't to be dissapointed. The old part of Malaga is a typical Spanish city with old buildings, iglesias, mercados, plazas and lots of restaurants and cafes. There is alot of culture here being the birthplace of Picasso and the home of other famous artists and there are museums everywhere. There's also a lot of history here and it has an impressive castle and alcazabar. The city has beaches within easy reach of the centre and there's plenty places to run and excercise. With year round sunshine and a top class football team this place has a lot going for it, not bad for a port city! Next stop for me is Cadiz, around 250 miles west along the cost of southern Spain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb