.......................................


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
April 13th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well....we are already on our last day of Semana Santa which means tomorrow is back to school and then the semester is ending in TWO weeks!! Weird...

We've spent basically everyday at the beach since we got back from London, but no complaints there I guess....other than the slight sunburn! We decided to get on the train and check out Benalmadena today, which is just a few towns over, and it turned out to be a really cool town. Definitely not as touristy as Malaga and seemed to be more like a real Spanish city. I suppose its probably a good thing we don't live there though because there are a lot of foreigners from all over. and quite a few people there speak English because of it. Even though we spend the entire time at the beach and touring some cool parts of the city, our favorite part was probably when a friend who lives there took us for a ride in his car...HAHA. I know that sounds pretty lame, but when its been months since you've even been inside of a car, even going on a five minute drive is glorious. We also decided that we have the best luck ever, because whenever we go to random unknown destinations, always get ourselves a little lost and by some miracle find our way back everytime with way too much ease...today our friend dropped us off a few miles from where we came in from the train station, and then we wandered off a little more, and ran into a sign that led us to the train station that was the next stop over. How we did it I have no idea, but it always increases our desire to search for adventures when we are assured we will somehow magically make it back...haha.

I also bought seeds to plant a mini palm tree!! YAY!! Maybe we will keep it in our townhouse next semester in case the plant we've had all year doesn't make it through the summer.....

This past weekend was probably one of my favorites because Lisa's host mom went to the country again so I got to stay at her place while all the Semana Santa processions were going on. We didn't do much of anything because we were so dead from the crazy week, but we definitely got a lot of beach time in and some much needed freedom from the excessive smothering of our host families...not that we don't love them but its nice to feel like the independent 19/20 year olds we really are every once in a while. Apparently Lisa and I aren't allowed to use the oven because its too dangerous...seriously??? hahaha
Needless to say, all the food she supplied us with was microwaveable so we wouldn't have to impair ourselves while using the dangerous oven.

Anyways, I suppose I should start working on some final projects!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb