the city


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

ssw route in Southern Spain

Looped in 10 days. Need more time though. Cut out Gilbraltar unless the free range monkeys are on your list of musts and your craving a really good beer.

We arrived today at 5 in the city of Granada. We had to wait quite a bit for our train out of Rhonda. Note to anyone coming this way check the train-bus schedules BEFORE you head out of the station. Granada so far is a bit on the dirty and run down side. The train pulls in by graffitti covered apartment buildings and trashy industrial buildings. A quick cab ride can bring you to the city center where your once again in crowded narrow roads. Theres a bunch of construction going on and around the hostal we are staying in there are a number of empty in progress buildings.
The hostel itself is under construction and the smell of wet cement and cigarrettes fill the air despite the no smoking signs all over. WE are on the forth floor.... walk up. Tomorrow we head over to the Alambra. The whole reason for coming here in the first place. And yes, I checked the train schedule before we left. Its going to be up at dawn in two days to catch the only morning train back up north.

Oh on the train ride through the olive orchards we saw big fat snow flakes!! No snow here though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb