50th Birthday blog


Advertisement
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

My Birthday blog - Luscious Lillie

Well this year it was a special one as not only was Alan 50 in March but I was also 50, on October the 15th to be exact. And although, it was a biggy I wasnae afraid. I was looking forward to being away and having an untraditional birthday.

We were staying south of Valencia about 30-40km north of Benidorm, in Javea, which was a lovely town beside the Med. The front was not overly built up, and there were no buildings over three storeys so it had retained it Spanish look and feel. Alan and I prepared for a day on the beach, as this would have been almost impossible back home. Now, we have not spent great deal of time on the beach, in fact the last day we had on a beach was at the beginning of October when Jeannie was here. However when we woke up it was raining, proper raining, it had not been forecast to rain until later in the week, it rained and poured for most of the next two days. We did manage to get out for lunch at a cocktail bar and took a taxi to a restaurant for dinner. It was a most untypical, typical birthday I’ve had!

Thanks to everyone who had smuggled onboard cards and pressies, it was really nice to read and open them in the morning; we decorated the ‘magic bus’ as you can see in the photos.

We are now at our most southerly planned spot in a desert close to Almeria getting ready to go tomorrow and spend a few days visiting Granada. The weather has been mixed with a couple of days of strong winds and the odd rainshower, but it is forecast to return to sunny conditions with temperatures in the mid twenties. We have just had a couple of days wild camping after we accidentally met a Dutchman whilst stopped for lunch who told us that there were a dozen or more motorhomes camped up in a secluded spot. So we went and joined them. He spoke really good English and German, but curiously his dog spoke French as it ignored any instruction given to it by him and ran off to the French people next to us at every opportunity.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

lunch spot lunch spot
lunch spot

Near our campsite at Isla Plana close to Cartagena
castle thing on hillcastle thing on hill
castle thing on hill

cycled up to it
road up to castleroad up to castle
road up to castle

Liz cycled up!


24th October 2009

Birthday
I am still waiting for MY birthday card
27th October 2009

Happy Birthday
Dad I've sent you an e-card, if its not in your inbox, check you spam. Sent it well before your birthday

Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb