Sevilla/Córdoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
May 6th 2016
Published: May 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we picked up pastries for breakfast on our walk over to the Flemenco museum in Sevilla. It was a relatively small museum, but explained some of the history of the dance. It took us only about 30 minutes to go through. We then headed out to Córdoba. Once we checked in to our first Air B&B, which is quite nice, we headed for lunch at Taberna Salinas. This restaurant was recommended by a couple of people, and it turned out to be excellent. We had Salmorejo (a thick, room temperature tomato soup topped with ham and boiled eggs), lightly battered and fried eggplant, spinach roll, and a fresh tomato, onion, potato, egg, pepper and tuna salad. We shared the 3 plates of food and were plenty full. It continued to rain (at times quite heavy), so that has put a damper on our sight seeing because a lot of things are outside. We did make it over to the old synagogue which was small and not much to see. Next we went to see the Banos Califales (10th century royal Arab baths). It was fairly interesting and got us out of the rain for a bit. The rain calmed down and we walked by some recently excavated Roman ruins right in the middle of what looked to be modern apartment buildings. We had the Spanish version of Mexican food for dinner. It was really good, but a little different than our Tex-Mex. 21,115 steps and only 9 floors climbed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb