Cadiz Day Trip:


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
June 16th 2022
Published: June 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

We left Chipiona, intending to take a ferry from Jerez de la Frontera to Cadiz, to visit my niece Salome. When we arrived at the ferry port, we found out they didn't have any ferries running today. So, Antonio decided we'd take a train instead. After a short ride across town, we bought four round-trip tickets to Cadiz, and away we went. A short time later, we pulled into one of the stations in Cadiz. We'd been in contact with my niece, who had just completed her degree in Tourism that day, and agreed to meet her just outside the station.

We went across the street to a corner and waited a few minutes until Salome showed up. She gave us a short tour of Cadiz, showing us a museum, the Roman theater, and a few other points of interest, then we went to the market for lunch. The market was rather crowded, but we found a table, and the lady at the cafe agree that if we bought our drinks there we could buy the food elsewhere. We all walked around the market, looking for something that interested us, and finally sat down to eat. I don't remember what we got, but it was varied and good.

After lunch, we continued our tour, checking out the Gran Teatro Falla, several other sights, and ended up at the fort on the edge of the bay. Salome had hurt her toe earlier that day, so after the fort, she decided to take a bus to her apartment, and we walked along the beach to meet her. It was a loooong walk, but the sights were interesting. Just before we got to her apartment, we stopped at a cafeteria on the beach for some coffee. Afterwards, we walked up to her apartment, and after a brief stay, we walked down to another train station, with Salome in tow. Since she was done with school, she came with us, planning on going back by the end of the month to gather her belongings from the apartment. We got to the station, took the next train, and rode to Jerez de la Frontera to pick up our car and return to Chipiona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb