Lots of Green


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
May 4th 2006
Published: May 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were originally scheduled to have three concerts in Slovenia but two of them were cancelled. So we only had once concert in the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana. The first thing I noticed about Slovenia were the beautiful green mountains. It is so nice to see some much green again after all the white we experienced in the first half of the tour. We spent a little time in the center of the city which is very cute. There is a small river running through the city with many cafes lining along the river.

I stayed by myself with an American pastor and his family. He has lived in Slovenia for 13 years and is fluent in Slovenian. His family was incredibly nice and hospitable. It was such a blessing to sleep in a room by myself. I think the last time I got that opportunity was in Lithuania.

The concert we had in the capital city was in the building of another church we were working with. Many believers attended the concert but not many unbelievers. The next day we went to Piran, a city on the coast. We were able to spend the first part of the day enjoying the sun then went to a church meeting that evening in the same city. It is a new church called the “Coffee House.” The ministry is run under the umbrella of Teen Challenge and its goal is to reach out to drug addicts in the area. The couple running the ministry is very passionate about their work and it was refreshing to see their heart to trust God and commit to His calling on their lives. Kaspars B, Karoline, and Dina shared that evening. That evening Beat was involved in a accident with the Caravelle. Two other cars collided and hit a pole which slammed into the front of the Caravelle. Everyone was okay except a person in one of the other vehicles who suffered from shock.

The following day we attended a church meeting in the church that hosted our concert. Almost our whole team shared something. I spoke about looking for and seizing the opportunities God gives us to share the gospel. After the meeting, Kaspars informed us that Talitha will not be returning to our team. Due to a great need at the Spain base, she will be joining Jonathan in Malaga. Our team will definitely miss her but I am very excited for her! We love you Talitha and pray that God uses you mightily in Spain!!!

Out of approximately 2 million people in Slovenia, only 1000 are Christian. Be praying for this nation. That God will rise up His people there to be bold and claim responsibility for their nation, to fight for His lost there. Pray that God will open the door of people’s hearts to respond to His call.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

PiranPiran
Piran

This is the square in one of the cities on the coast.


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb