Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Finally a chance to update the blog. I'll start with today so you'll know we are safe and sound, back in the Slovenian capital. We arrived back to the city Friday evening and have had a chance to do the laundry and to dismantle the bikes into the suitcases one more time for the train trip to Croatia tomorrow morning.

Today we had a leisurely start and then headed to the downtown core of Ljubjana with our great hostess as tour guide. The sun was bright, temperatures around 29C so all the Slovenes in the city were downtown walking and strolling in a very relaxed way. It's a city of lovely old buildings, outdoor terrasses and cafes by the hundreds along the river which flows through the middle of the city. We strolled through the open air market and bought some bread made in an outdoor oven on the spot, new cherries and strawberries already being harvested locally. Finally got some retail therapy and bought a few souvenirs....being mindful that I have to carry it all a lot further into many more trains, planes etc.

We had lunch on a sunny terrasse and now we are home for a little R&R before gussying up to take our hostess out for dinner. Finally the skirt and alternate shoes comes out of the plastic bag again. It's been a steady wardrobe of biking clothes for weeks.

I will backtrack on the blog for a while and hopefully catch up a bit. I?ve had lots of trouble finding Internet cafes in the remote rural areas and when we find it...it's usually WIFI in the smaller hotels for which we would need a laptop. So the records are all in my paper diary waiting to be transcribed.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb