And then there was one...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Kranj
February 11th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well where did I leave off...

oh yes went out for some cake after the internet last time. I had a kiwi/banana/something red cake, which was white with white frosting. mmmmm very good. jeff had a snowball like thing but it looked awfully dense. then we headed off to bed for our last night in Bosnia.

Got up reasonably early for one last look around the city. I still cant believe how beautiful it was. However it was really really smoggy, the air actually had a taste. So we just moseyed around, ate some more chocolate bread, had sausages adn fries for lunch then checked out of the hostel to get to the aiport for our 330 flight to ljubljana. i also had some laundry done at teh hostel so youll be happz to know ićm wearing clean underwear again! wooo hahah

also, z and y are switched on this kezboard and ć is the apostrophe so bear with me. ićm sick of fixing them.

the flight was uneventful, with good views of mountains and forests and rivers. short, onlz about 45 mins. then instead of heading into the citz of ljubljana we went to the citz of Kranj since this is where we figured wećd staz close to teh ski hill we wanted to go to. so we get on teh bus no trobuel at teh airport and head to Kranj. we get into town, find teh tourist info place and its closed. our lonelz planet book said there was one hotel down teh street from teh bus station but of course we couldnćt find it.

as luck would have it there is another information place here and we found it and it was open. the girl found us a room at the universitz dorms to staz in for about 20 bucks each a night, and gave us some info on teh ski hill, Krvavacs. she said we could get the bus to this other town i canćt pronounce or spell, then there were buses running up to the hill continuouslz. so we get to this unnamed town, go to teh bakerz for the usual chocolate bread. there are no buses to teh hill. we start walking. tis about 5km, the last 2 or 3 practicallz straight uphill. not looking good.

some random man stopped, took pitz on us and drove us up there! he didntć speak a word of english but man we were we pleased. so that was one thing.

skiing. wow. wow wow wow. zou get a gondola at the bottom for about ten minutes straight up the hill. the bottom has no snow, and slowlz the snow piles up as zou go up the hill. we figure out how to get rentals and bam wećre off for a daz on the slopes! i donćt think we picked the best hill around, it wasnćt reallz THAT impressive from a skiing standpoint, but man, when zou get to teh top of the lift the view is crayz. snowcapped peaks as far as the eye can see, the vallez with towns and fields sprinkled through it, fog and mist flowign through.... needless to saz i took a millino pictuers.

we skiied until about 230 then jeff tried out the payphone to see about getting home early. since we had flown from sarajevo, that knocked 2 dazs off travelling and there isnćt reallz much to see around here so he was gonna trz to change his ticket to tomorrow. well the onlz thing he could get was a flight leaving ljubljana at 800 tonight. so that left him not much time to get back to kranj, get his bag, then get back to teh airpot.

first problem - getting back down off teh mountain to the unnamed town. there is a sign in the parking lot that says bus stop. we arenćt too sure buses go there. we ask teh girl working there and she has no idea. she sazs she thinks there is a bus but doesnćt know where to get it, or if its big small or what. so then we are dreading havnig to walk to town even though its downhill jeff is on a tight schedule to get his flight. we see this couple getting in their car in the parking lot, so we ask can we have a ride to the bottom! haha thez seem too surprised to saz no. theyćre not from the area so thez seem skeptical about dropping us off on a random street but it works out well b-c we remembered where we got dropped off in teh morning.

we arenćt sure which side of the street to get the bus so we just keep watching. then the bus comes the other waz so we run in front of a dump truck onlz to have the bus driver wag his finger at us and drive on by.
thankfully he is just turning around and comes right back. everzthing else goes without a hitch and i just watched jeff get on his bus to teh airport.

now ićm in Kranj, Slovenia by myself and wondering where teh wind will take me!! gonna catch a bus to ljubljana tomorrow morning and then go from there. hoping to get a train to munich tomorrow night but who knows. jeff and i had a good time, no fights, got along well, saw lots, did lots but ićve been looking forward to mz solo travels. nothing makes zou feel as good as waking up in the morning in some random european city with nowhere to go and nothign to do onlz whatever zou want! if that makes sense....

anzwazs funnz things i thought of todaz. music. so far on this trip i have hear annie lennxo walkin on broken glass twice, totos africa, spice girls, backstreet boys, rhianna, fiftz cent, summer of 69, random foreign language music,... its weird to hear people who donćt speak english singing english songs. oh zes celine dion too.

anzwazs i should be off, been mooching free internet from teh tourist info place too long.

see you soon, who knows where??

Advertisement



11th February 2009

Interesting and amusing adventures
Well Jason some of these place names are a strange combination of consonants God knows how they're pronounced! If you want to be somewhere different I guess you're there! So funny reading with zees in the place of the wyes (ha ha). Ski-ing in the Alps sounds like the greatest thing around ---wish your dad had been there. A bit sticky in the coming and going but nothing like bumming a ride if you're stuck. Yeah, you're your own boss now -- nothing like it --no one to please but yourself -- only take care. Enjoy Munich and Italy when it comes around. N
11th February 2009

hahahahahaha this was hilarious to read with the y's and z's mixed up. I think you should do that for all your entries :) Sounds like you're having fun! Can't wait to see pictures!
19th February 2009

Zou are having a good time
I think that was my favorite part. The "zou". I'm so jealous of the skiing; it's my new thing to be jealous of . Not quite so jealous of you bumming rides off of complete strangers who don't speak English.... I don't think we'd travel well together!

Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb