Greetings From Slovenia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
September 22nd 2010
Published: November 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi

Here are a few photos of walking in the Julian Aps,,Slovenia.

We started off in the Lake Bohinj area and then moved on to Bled. Great walking up to huge waterfalls . We took a cable car up a mountain then walked down 1000 metres - quite a drop.

Bled was as beautiful as it looks on the posters but our attempts at rowing to the church on the island left a lot to be desired.

The weather is good with sunny clear days and cold nights. They had loads of rain before we arrived so there is some flooding but we have been unaffected, luckily. We did have to lay a log over one swollen river to cross it ...

Today we drove around and across the Alps - 50 hairpin bends to take us up to a 1600 metre high saddle and then down again. We had a few hours walking up there to get to a small peak with spectacular views. Now we are in a one church, one B&B, one pub village. Good pub, thankfully, and although there is no shop there is an 8 am market.

It turns out this was a major battle ground in WW1 and we discovered that our joint knowledge of that war is terrible. What side was Italy on? And Slovenia? Have to swat up before we get to Sarajevo.

Think that is all for now. Our final full day here tomorrow then off to the border and into Croatia.

Love Gill and Alistair


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.058s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb